Have you ever had a tanning disaster?
I remember the first time i tried fake tan, it was over 10years ago. It was an Avon tanning product, a liquid formula with a pump spray application.
My mum has been an Avon Rep for over 25 years so it seemed sensible to try my first tanning product from the Avon brochure. I strongly believe it was my mum that started my love for anything to do with beauty. I use to love waiting for the white delivery van to arrive just outside our house. The delivery man would drop off boxes of stock and i would be the first to rip open and dive into the boxes looking at all of the amazing products. So when the tanning spray arrived i had everything planned, or so i thought! I wanted to wear a nice cream knee length skirt the following day to show off my lovely brown legs.
In the evening, I took my tanning spray up into the bathroom and decided i would be sensible by just spraying my legs. I was in just my bra and pants eager to try my first tanning product. I pop open the lid and start pumping away, pump, pump, pump, and out it comes. The smell was that typical tan smell (to me a bit like damp dog) ok, i thought i can deal with the stenge. Then i realise the solution is clear so goodness knows where its all going. I keep spraying, pump,pump,pump (most tans these days have an aerosol spray so a light mist comes out, so much better) and this watery tan just creates puddles around my ankles. Oh gosh can it get any worse. I try blotting the excess tan with tissue and decide to give up.I stand in my bra and pants for ages waiting for the tan to dry. I put on some loose jim jams
The next day, i get up for school. Ahh my legs are orange, they are streaky and my feet are white!.Being brave i wear my cream skirt, what a mistake it just showed up my orange legs even more. My mum didnt comment as she knew i would be faffing about with changing my outfit making me late for school.
I get to school, the sun was out gleaming down on my oompa loompa legs.For the rest of the day i walk around lesson to lesson with everyone staring. Or they were probably wondering why i was walking around like i needed the toilet, walking fast with legs slightly crossed. I was hoping to at least hide one of the orange legs!
If you are reading this you are probably put off by trying fake tan. I have to say tanning solutions are so much better these days they do not smell as bad, there are lots of choices for different skin types, different textures and new technologies to help everyone achieve a more flawless tan.
Keep reading my blog and i will introduce you to many brands that i have tried and will give you honest opinions on tanning items and brilliant tips to become a Bronzed Goddess... The one thing i did not do when trying my first tanning item was prep my skin. If i had of done maybe it would not have been such a disaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment